I’ll be honest, when I first heard IKEA was coming to Charlotte I wasn’t really excited. To be fair, I’d never been to one before but I had the impression that they catered to a modern vibe and that didn’t really appeal to my farmhouse loving self. All it took was one visit though and I was hooked. Now, several years later it is still one of my “go to” places to shop for affordable home decor.
True, IKEA does use a lot of vibrant colors and modern designs in their products BUT they also have a wide selection of neutral and basic pieces that blend in well with lots of different styles. So today I thought I’d share my IKEA must haves.
1. DUVET COVERS – I have both of these duvet covers and I love them. They are soft, look great by themselves but can also be used with other patterns for a more textured and layered look.
2. FRAMES – The Ribba frame is an affordable option for any home. It’s hard to beat $14.99 for a classic already matted frame. (You can see how I used these in our home here.)
3. PILLOWS/CUSHIONS – Hello, my name is Laura Jo and I’m addicted to pillows! Seriously though, $5 for a pillow…it’s no wonder I have a problem!
4. MIRROR – Love the warm natural wood grain of this mirror.
5. FLOOR LAMPS – These lamps are definitely on trend right now. Industrial, stylish and functional…what’s not to like??
6. STRIPED THROW – I can’t get enough of these throws. I have two that I bought a couple years ago and I still enjoy them as much today as I did the first day.
7. SLIPCOVERED FURNITURE – I get asked all the time why I have white furniture with three dogs and I can honestly say I wouldn’t have it any other way. First, let me say that I own both of these chairs and I would buy both of them all over again. They are comfortable, affordable and bleachable! I haven’t met a stain yet that I could not get out of these slipcovers. Dirt, mud, ink pen, crayon, blood, marinara sauce, chocolate, tea, coffee…I could probably go on and on but you get the idea. I can also be a bit of a germaphobe and it thrills me to no end that I can just throw these in the wash and have a freshly cleaned chair.
What about you? What do you shop for at IKEA?